03 December 2011

North Pole Breakfast

Some of my most favorite memories from my childhood involved an elf named Squee. He came every night in December and would leave us candy to find in his mug in the morning. I remember being so excited to check the mug every morning!!! On Christmas Eve, while we were taking baths, he would sneak into our rooms and put new Christmas PJs on our beds. I was always impressed with how he was able to get into my room without me knowing. :)

I am happy to pass on the tradition of Squee to Anya and Eric. We have done it since Anya was a toddler and this year I am taking it to a new level. Not only will Squee come and leave candy in the mug every night, he will also hide the mug somewhere in the house so the kids have to search for it. And the best thing Squee did this year??? He surprised the kids with a North Pole Breakfast on December 1st.

The kids were SO excited when they came downstairs! Anya declared it the BEST MORNING EVER and I'd have to agree! :) Happy December!!!!!!!









4 comments:

Cari said...

I LOVE that they were holding hands coming into the room! Looks like so much fun!

The Grows said...

Wow I actually looked at a blog, I am so behind. I love the whole Squee thing and the North Pole breakfast. I may have to steal your traditions cause they are awesome!!!!!!

Shelby said...

How cool is this. I wish I had something like this myself as a child because then I may have thought of it for my kids...I guess I'm just not creative enough to think of special thingsl. lol BTW, do you realize we only live a couple of hours from the North Pole? I do remember my parents taking us there as children and I did take my kids there when they were tiny too. If you ever come to NY I will take you there!

The McBride Family said...

SO cute. I wish it didn't make me feel like such a slacker but I love how excited the kids were. :)