30 December 2011

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was awesome! We spent the better part of the day playing, decorating cookies, and just hanging out. But there was one HUGE surprise on the way that the kids had NO idea about. My mom and Sarah were driving over to spend Christmas with us! They pulled up, knocked on the door (I made sure I was outside to get pics!), and the kids were SHOCKED! It was such a great surprise!







After playing for a while we had dinner and then it was time for bath. Every year Squee (our elf) leaves new Christmas PJs on your bed while you are in the bath. Anya was sleeping in Eric's room so my mom could have her room so Squee only had one stop. The kids loved their new jammies!







After they opened PJs, it was time to pull a tooth. Last year Anya had a tooth loose around Christmas time and REALLY wanted the Tooth Fairy and Santa to meet but the tooth just wasn't ready to come out. This year her tooth was ready days before Christmas but she wanted to leave it in until Christmas Eve. So... Anya got her wish... the Tooth Fairy and Santa finally met! :)


Finally, some bedtime stories with Grandma then off to bed to wait for Santa! Eric wanted to sleep under the tree but we told him he needed to be in his own bed. :) It made for a cute pic, though!



4 comments:

Cari said...

I'm so glad it worked out for them to come! What a great day!

Brad and Erica said...

Hahaha! I love that thanks to Anya the Tooth Fairy and Santa finally met. How was that meeting, anyway? A little smooching under the mistletoe? That picture of Eric under the tree is fantastic!

The Grows said...

I am so glad they finally got to meet. What a fun night at your house. Love the picture if Eric under the tree. That one is a keeper.

ALLRED FAMILY said...

SO adorable! I love that pic of Eric under the tree.