07 May 2011

Anya is 6!!!!! (Birthday Morning)

I am going to break up Anya's birthday posts because there are so many pictures! :)

Whoa.... Anya is 6! When did that happen? I can't believe how big she is! She is now 4 feet tall and I am wondering how much longer I am going to be taller than my daughter! She is so smart and amazes us every day with her knowledge. She loves learning and can often be found reading alone or asking to do science experiments. She LOVES to learn!

She is definitely coming into her own, too. She is growing up before our eyes and becoming more and more independent. She is loving and kind and loves to cuddle. Being around Anya brightens your day and she always has a way of making you smile. We are SO blessed to have this little girl in our lives!

Her birthday fell on a Friday so we tried to do a little something before she left for school. She opened her main gift from us that morning. She got a pair of birthstone (emerald) earrings, 6 $1 bills, and the thing she has been waiting for.... a bank account!

She has been asking for a while to open a bank account. The minimum deposit was $25 and she has been saving money in her piggy bank so she could open it. We surprised her by opening the account as a gift. She was THRILLED! When we told her there was $25 in it her jaw dropped... you would've thought we told her it was a million dollars! :)

We ended the morning with beignets and chocolate sauce. She definitely went to school happy that morning!


Opening her card


Holding up her letter from USAA about

her bank account

$25.... ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????

New earrings

Powdered sugar explosion!

YUM!







3 comments:

The McBride Family said...

HAHA SO excited about 25 dollars that's AWESOME (and a great idea!) I can't believe she's SIX! :)

Brad and Erica said...

Anya has gotten so big (4 feet!?!) and so grown up! I can't believe that she was so excited about opening a bank account. That look on her face when she finds out there is $25 in her account is priceless! Happy birthday beautiful girl!

The Grows said...

Only Anya would be begging for a bank account at 5. I can't believe how fast she is growing up. I love seeing your posts and getting at least a glimps of the girls she is becoming. You have one amazing kid. Love you Anya!!!!