A year ago I bought our tickets for the Polar Express train. It is in Williams, Arizona and run on the Grand Canyon Railway. I had heard wonderful things about it and we were all so excited to finally go!
The kids wore their new Christmas pajamas and we headed to the train station. It was cold and rainy (we were hoping for snow) but everyone was all smiles! Once on the train the conductor comes through to punch your ticket and then you get hot cocoa and chocolate chip cookies. The Polar Express is read and then the train time warps to the North Pole. The kids were so excited and once they saw the North Pole they were beyond giddy.
Once we passed the North Pole, Santa came on the train to give all the kids bells. If you have read the story or seen the movie, you know that you can only hear the bell ring if you believe. Anya was super excited to see Santa. Eric was excited but once Santa got closer he tried to hide. They both got their bells and it was cute to see them both immediately put the bells to their ears to see if they could hear them ring.
After Santa came through the train, we all sang Christmas carols. It was so much fun and will definitely become a yearly tradition - as long as we are close enough to AZ to do it!
Enjoy the pics!
The Polar Express is coming!!!
Eric was so excited! He kept saying "Choo-Choo"
Nathan and the kids waiting to board the train
Anya was so happy!!!!
Eric just was thrilled to be on a train!
Nathan and Anya
Told you he was excited!
The conductor punching Anya's ticket
Chocolate Chip Cookies, anyone?
Hot Cocoa
Eric LOVED his hot cocoa!
The North Pole
More North Pole
Santa is on the train!!!!!
Excited!!!
Oh wait, Eric doesn't like that so much. Time to hide!
Mom, seriously. I am trying to hide!
Anya was ready to run down the aisle!
Listening for the ring
Eric listening to his bell
Look at my bell!
Anya wouldn't let that bell go for a LONG time!
Singing carols
FIVE GOLDEN RINGS
Holtgrewe Family with Santa
4 comments:
So dang cute. I wish I lived closer to AZ this looks liek tons of fun. glad you guys had a good time. I love all the picutres. There are never too many pictures. P.S. Lexi has the same PJ as Anya.
I remember you talking (or posting) a lot about the Polar Express, but now I see why you were so excited! It looks like so much fun! Eric's excited pictures (and the ones where he is being shy) and the picture of Anya listening for the ring are my favorites. Man, when Eric gets excited, he gets really excited! Miss you guys!
Oh i so wish we could have gone with you guys! That is such a great idea!!! I'm so glad you guys had fun. Thanks for all the posts I LOVED THEM!!!!
What a great idea!! Looks like it was a wonderful trip. Anya is captivating in that picture of her and Nate, above the pic of you guys with Santa. Make our girls stop growing up!!!
Post a Comment