Case in point... this play date. I remember the play dates (which weren't too long ago) that I would sit and play with them, talk with them, laugh with them. The play dates where I was still a main player. But now? My little girl is growing up.
She had been asking for a couple weeks if her friend Alyssa could come over to play. We finally set up a date. Alyssa rode in the car with us home from school and it was my first experience as a chauffer. They just chatted away in the back seat and I realized that they were in their own world and didn't need me to chime in.
Then when we got home, Alyssa told me she brought her make-up kit and nail polish and wanted to know if they could give each other make-overs. They had so much fun doing it and besides me sneaking in for a few pictures, they wanted to be alone. After their makeovers, they locked themselves in Anya's room and played Barbies and Littlest Pet Shop.
I am happy to see her grow up into an independant girl and to see her growing new friendships. I am just a little sad about the fact that it is happening so soon!
3 comments:
I think I'll go play with Annika now -- I can't imagine her not wanting me around, but it seems like just the other day Anya was Annika's age, and now she is all grown up. I guess I'll go enjoy my toddler while I can!
Such a great idea Erica!!!!! First that dress Anya is wearing BEAUTIFUL!!!! Second I totally hear you on the growing up. Iknow Lex has always been pretty independent but now it's totally different! I love that they did makeovers!! :)
I dont know if I am comfortable with all this growing up stuff.
Post a Comment