Anya is getting very good at swimming by herself and even swimming underwater. She loves being in the water and having some independence. She did like to have her innertube nearby, though, so she could go down to the deep end without having to worry about swimming back. She would stay in the water for hours at a time and we would have to drag her out.
Eric also loved the water, but he had NO FEAR. Now, I don't want my kids to be afraid of the water, but Eric needs at least a little bit of healthy fear when it comes to the pool. He doesn't want anyone to touch him when he is in the water and thinks he can do it all. After the first day, we bought him arm floaties so that he felt like he was doing it on his own. If you tried to touch him he would tell you "No touch me. Do it myself". He also wanted to dive for toys on the bottom so we would put the toys on the steps and he would dunk himself completely underwater for the toy, come back up, and say "Do it again!". That boy is a little fish!
Another fun part of the pool was swimming with the dogs. My mom's dog, Skittle, loves the water and would sit on the loungers with the kids. It took Tara a day or two to feel comfortable, but after that she would just jump in and swim around. One day I was diving for toys in the deep end and Tara thought I was drowning. She jumped in the pool and wouldn't leave my side for 15 minutes. If I got out, she got out. If I jumped back in, she followed right behind me. It was hilarious!!!
4 comments:
I love the family picture in the pool with Tara included! That's wonderful that the kids love the water so much, and the image of Eric dunking himself over and over again cracks me up. Thanks for sharing all the fun things you are doing; it makes it feel like we aren't quite so far away.
It was a blast swiing with the kids. Eric will definetly be my little swimmer. Anya is doing so so good to I loved watching her swim under water. :)
Love that Eric has no fear I'm not gonna lie. It's just so Eric!!! :) I wish we had a pool in our backyard too. Even a quartermile seems to far sometimes...
I love your little fish. It looks like you guys had a great time. I wish we had a pool or could visit someone who does. Lexi loves the pool to. She, like Eric, has no fear. We will have to get those two on swim team together.
Post a Comment