
I can't believe it! Anya is in kindergarten! I don't know where the last 5 years went and I don't understand how she is big enough to be on her own for 7 hours and 15 minutes a day (yes, I am counting!). It is so crazy how time flies.

Anya was very excited for kindergarten to start. She has a couple of kids from her pre-k class in her kinder class, so that is good. She is eager to learn and is excited to be a big girl. I am so proud of her, but it is weird having her gone all day. I wish I could have her home with me all the time! Eric also isn't too fond of Anya starting kindergarten. He misses his sister so much and cried a few times today asking "Anya home now?". Poor guy.

Anya did great at school and really liked her teacher, Ms. Abasta (rhymes with pasta). She said she had a lot of fun and that she really loved going to kindergarten.

When she got home from school she told Nathan that there wasn't any tough math today and asked to work on some. So Nathan sat with her for 20 minutes and worked on some addition. It blows my mind how much she loves learning! Not many kids spend 7 hours at school and then come home and ask to do more work. She is such an awesome little girl!

Anya also requested a special first day dinner of crab legs, so we went out to eat at Red Lobster. She LOVES crab legs and has fun cracking them open. There is nothing this girl won't try!


Happy first day of school, Anya! You are growing up so fast and are a wonderful little girl. Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you!!!
5 comments:
God I love my little girl. This is a feeling you can only have as a parent. But seeing her grow is the perfect mix of pride and regret that she is getting older.
She is so beautiful and so big! I totally feel like Nate even if she isn't my BIOLOGICAL daughter! :) Love that little girl.
she is just gorgeous, I love her little outfit! Good Job Anya on your first day of school!
Man I miss that girl...well all of you. Okay I don't really miss Nate cause I didn't really know him that well. Anyway, I can't believe little Anya is in school. They grow up way to fast. I love that she goes to school for 7 hours and then want to learn more. That girl is defanitely going places. Oh, to bad Mark could be there with you guys, he loves crab legs too.
Oops. I can't believe I didn't comment on this already. I meant to. I've looked at it more than once. Anya looks so grown up and proud. I love that she came home and did hard math; what a great girl! Tell Anya that if she wants to come up to Washington we'll let her catch her own crabs and then we'll have the biggest crab leg feast she's ever seen!
Post a Comment