10 May 2013

YUM!

We've been in Hawaii for almost 6 months now and it is safe to say we have some favorite food places! The food here is RIDICULOUS!!! There is ALWAYS something yummy to eat! We love trying new places... here are a few of our favorites!

Maui Mikes - This is a fire roasted chicken place close to Schofield (which, unfortunately for me, is 25ish minutes from our house!). We usually stop on our way to the North Shore or if I am meeting Nathan for lunch at work. You can order the chicken plain but their sandwiches are the best!

 
 
 
Koa Pancake House - This breakfast place is less than 5 minutes from the house and it is a great spot for a quick breakfast.Travis actually found it when he was staying with us and he told us about it. The portions are HUGE and the prices are super affordable (especially considering everything in Hawaii is expensive). We usally spend less than $25 for our family of 4... not too shabby!
 





Matsumotos - Seriously, no Hawaii list of food would be complete without Matsumotos. We've had shave ice at a few locations but this is the best! Nathan and I prefer it with Azuki beans and cream (condensed milk). So good!!!








Cream Pot - This is a fantastic little brunch spot in Honolulu. We've only been twice but it is so good! From the drinks, to the sides, to the main dishes.... everything is AMAZING! The place is cute, too... Like an old French kitchen!





Aloha Salads - I *MAY* have a slight obsession with Aloha Salads. I really blame Monica for this! hahahaha We go quite often and I usually get the same thing... The paniolo salad and club sub on pita. Their pita bread is TO DIE FOR.

 

Liliha Bakery - Cream puffs, malasadas, ensamadas, donuts, eclairs, cookies, etc.... What more could you ask for?





Café Kaila - This is another breakfast place in Honolulu and it is probably my favorite! It is pretty popular (there is a line out the door!) but it is worth it! Homemade and delicious!




Teddy's Bigger Burgers - Man, oh man is this place good! You start with ordering your burger size (Big 5oz, Bigger 7oz, Biggest 9oz) and then you can customize it. I added bacon and avocado and they didn't skimp on the avocado like most places. The burger was great! So happy they'll be opening a Teddy's in Kapolei soon!
 
 

Murphy's Irish Pub - I don't think I've met an Irish Pub I didn't like but Murphy's was phenomenal. The shephard's pie was one of the best I've ever had!



Hale'iwa Thai - Simply amazing. The coconut rice was heavenly.




Ted's Bakery - We went for the Chocolate Haupia Pie (which we heard was the best on the island) and found something even better... carrot cake! Ted's carrot cake is hands down the best carrot cake! And, yes, the haupia pie was good, too! :)





Some faves that I don't have pics of (shame on me!):

Just Tacos - Not the best Mexican food I've ever had (I did live in Arizona and El Paso, so the competition is stiff! haha) but it is good and hits the spot when we are craving Mexican.

Longboards - Cute restaurant... great for casual dates/lunches/girls nights! The ahi tuna wrap is AMAZING!

Two Scoops - The Hawaiian Mud Pie ice cream (made with Kona coffee) is my favorite!


Restaurants that are on our short list to get to ASAP:

Hale'iwa Joes - But not the one in Hale'iwa! We went to that one and while it was good, it was just a typical restaurant. However, the one in Kaneohe I've heard AMAZING things about so we are definitely going to check it out!

Cinnamons - This is a breakfast spot in Kailua (opposite side of the island). One of these days we'll get over there!


2 comments:

The McBride Family said...

For the record you should blame Emily for Aloha Salads! :) And you forgot Monkey Pod! :)

The Grows said...

Good Thing I Just Had Breakfast Or Else I Might Have Stated Licking The screen. Love The Picture Of Eric With His Giant Pancake.