10 May 2013

Song Fest

Anya's school has an annual song fest and she was excited to be able to participate! Each grade prepares a dance for the show and it is a pretty big deal! I was surprised by some of the special guests... one was a member of Congress!
 
The 2nd graders had the best performance and I'm not just saying that because Anya is in 2nd grade. It was so good they were asked to do an encore performance a few weeks later for the military families.
 
They danced to "Party in the USA"  and then "Proud to be an American". At the end of "Proud to be and American" the dads of the 2nd graders who are in the military stood up and all the children saluted them. I'm not going to lie... I totally teared up!
 
I wish I could upload the video but for whatever reason Blogger isn't letting me.... Boo. :( 
 




1 comment:

The Grows said...

Of Course Anyas Class Was The Best, I Would Expect Nothing Less. ;)