14 May 2013

Happy 8th Birthday, Anya!

Wow! I can't believe Anya is 8! Time flies WAY too fast! In honor of her turning 8, here are eight things about Anya!

1- She LOVES learning! She is so smart and loves reading encyclopedias and learning new facts. She likes doing school workbooks in her spare time. She gets a little frustrated if she doesn't feel like she is being challenged. She is a great student!

2- Reading is her passion! She spends a large chunk of the day reading books. When we go to the library, she checks out at least 20 books at a time. I'm always surprised at how she can remember exactly what books she has read and what happened in each book. How she keeps track of them I'll never know!

3- She is very shy.... that is until you get to know her! She doesn't really like talking to new people and gets pretty nervous. However, once she feels comfortable around you she really comes out of her shell and is quite animated!

4- She loves fiercely. She loves cuddling and kisses and saying "I love you".

5- She loves ballet. She works really hard and is progressing and getting better. Her goal is to be in the Nutcracker. I know with her hard work she will get there!

6- She only wears dresses and skirts. She DESPISES jeans and only wears them if it is mandatory (like for her performance at school last month). She will wear loose shorts or leggings for hikes, though. I'm pretty sure if I let her wear a dress for hikes she would! She is my girly girl!

7- She has a lot of aspirations for when she grows up. Currently she would like to be a ballerina- astronaut-restaurant owner-aquarium worker. Not just one of those... all 4 at the same time.

8- She is a little fish. When we are at the beach she is in the water 90% of the time. She loves to swim and dive through waves. She is becoming a stronger swimmer every day.

And now for some pics from her birthday. We didn't do a big party this year because we are swimming with dolphins for her gift. We did have the McBrides and Holewinskis over for cake and ice cream the night before her birthday and we also went out for ice cream and to the beach on her birthday.

Happy birthday Anya Katherine!!!!







No comments: