02 January 2011

Ruidoso Winter Park

Today we drove to Ruidoso, New Mexico (about a 2 hour or so drive) to play in the snow. We had promised the kids that we would find snow for them this winter and since it wasn't snowing when we were in Northern Arizona, I knew I had to find something close to El Paso. This winter park in Ruidoso was SO fun! The kids had a blast tubing down the hills and they even had some carnival rides! We'll definately be doing this again next winter!

Anya all ready to go
Eric all ready to go
Nathan pulling Eric up the hill
Nathan and Anya walking up with the family tube
Some of the runs....
Nathan and Anya on the belt taking us up to the top
Waiting at the top
Anya wanted some snow
Eric getting out to join her
At the bottom... There was no way I was letting go
to take a picture while we were going down! :)
Anya and Nathan heading up by themselves
Anya riding the train
Eric riding the train
The ferris wheel. Eric was so scared (see his hand gripping
the side)....
Anya was a great big sister and grabbed both of
his hands and held them the whole time. SO CUTE!!!
Anya on the twisty ride
Hot chocolate
Mmmmmmm
A quick way to warm up... spill hot chocolate
on your leg :) Oh, and then I opened Eric's
cup and it squirted on my face. It was not
my day with hot chocolate!


Two videos... First is of Anya and Nathan coming down. Second is of Anya
and Eric on the hill in the kid section.

4 comments:

The McBride Family said...

Oh you know i hate the cold but that looks like a blast! I really should see if there is somewhere here we can do that! We would probably have to drive quite aways! :) Glad you guys had fun!

Brad and Erica said...

That looks like tons of fun! We've had a lot of snow, but that looks like far more fun than the slide in our backyard. Annika is watching with me and she says "those are good movies!" Love you guys!

ALLRED FAMILY said...

Wow! I've lived in NM for 25 years and never heard about Ruidoso's Winter Park. Sounds like something we need to check out next winter too!

I love the part about Anya holding Eric's hands. That is so sweet!

The Grows said...

That place looks awesome. I want to come and play too. I love the videos, I love how Eric is all WOA after Anya and Daddy go by. Too cute.