I was recently asked if I would be interested in being the Daisy Girl Scout Troop Leader. I have been looking forward to Anya starting Girl Scouts and am excited that she is finally going to be able to. (Daisies are kinder/1st grade).
I told Anya last night that she would be starting girl scouts soon and she asked what they do. I told her (VERY briefly, maybe a minute) about selling cookies, earning petals (the Daisy equivalent of patches), and doing activities with the other girls. Anya then proceeded to get a book and pretend it was the rules for girl scouts. Luckily, the laptop was close by, so without her knowing, I started typing everything she said.
These are the 100 Rules for Girl Scouts (although there aren't 100). :)
Get dressed in the morning very quick.
You have to go to girl scouts right in the morning when you turn 5.
Next, every week we must make cookies for our girl scouts and bring them to girl scout school.
At girl scouts, we must always look our best so we can get patches.
We must do all of the things girl scouts do.
We must bring our favorite clothes to girl scouts.
When you are in texas, girl scouts is very hard work.
You have to make the bestest cookies in texas. And of course we all want that.
Next, when you are at girl scouts you must work your best.
When you are at girl scouts you must be five.
Girl scouts is a very big job.
You get to hang out with friends at girl scouts.
We must be on our very best behavior.
It takes a lot of work and it is fun, too.
At girl scouts you can do whatever you want but you still have a teacher.
We must do our best and the big things that are in girl scouts.
We must do all of these things before we do girl scouts.
You are off on some weekends.
Next, you must sleep with your favorite stuffed animal every night to go to girl scouts.
Next even if you know some of the rules, all of the rules are in this book.
You must ask many questions.
You gotta believe you can do it, especially in girl scouts.
It is very important in girl scouts because it is a very big job and fun too.
There are lots of things to do in girl scouts, especially being 5.
Girl scouts, be on your best behavior.
There are girl scouts in almost every state, country, and island.
There is a lot to know to be in girl scouts.
Always listen to your teacher.
You get patches too.
There are lots of things in girl scouts.
To be a girl scout, we have lots of activities.
There are lots of friends in girl scouts.
You might see some of your friends from your other school at girl scouts.
Every day we have lots of fun .
Even if you aren’t your best every day, you have to keep trying.
Never give up.
There is lots to know. Thank you
This is all the girl scout rules to read today.
24 April 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
SHE CRACKS ME UP!!!! Dang I miss that kid. I wonder if it's hard work in GA too or if that's just TX. Never give up. What a great attitude!
100 reason why I miss Anya (there aren't really 100). You are so smart. You say the funniest stuff. You are so cute. You are a great friend. You are a great cook. You use the best words. You are going to be a girl scout when you turn 5. That is all the reasons for today.
Hahaha.. I don't want to leave a comment now because it won't be clever like Britteny's. So, let's just say that I love Anya and I love her rules for girl scouts, and I can't believe she is going to be 5, and I love that you share so many funny things with us. Keep them coming!
Post a Comment