06 June 2012

School's Out For Summer!!!!


First Day of School/Last Day of School


It's official... school is over! We are SO excited for summer vacation! We don't have a lot planned but are just looking forward to spending time together.

Today did get a little emotional, though, and I have to admit it took me by surprise. Anya hasn't cried at the end of the last two school years so when she started crying at the party today I was surprised. She has been ridiculously excited about moving to Hawaii and seeing her bestie again that I didn't really think leaving El Paso was going to be rough on her. It is still up in the air on whether or not she will be returning to her school for the first 2 months of 2nd grade so I think she just felt like this was the last time she would be seeing her friends (even though TONS of playdates are in the works!). She kept hugging her friends and her teacher and she cried for a good 20 minutes. Poor baby girl... moving can be rough!
But, I did have a surprise waiting for her at home and it really cheered her up! I had a sign with balloons on the front door and a small present on her bed. She got a new bathing suit, a beach ball, touchable bubbles, and a summer vacation rainbow fairy book. Eric got a few things, too... can't leave him out of all the fun! :)
Here's to a great summer!!!!!!

 Poor girl was already in tears when she came back from P.E. :(

 Ice Cream Sundae Bar, Pizza, & Cupcakes helped to cheer her up!

 Sierra, Anya, and Wyatt
They are such sweet friends! When Anya was crying, Wyatt
came up to her, hugged her, and told her she was one of his best
friends. AWWWWW!!!! And Sierra kept saying "Hawaii!!!" instead
of cheese when I was taking their picture! :)

 Eric LOVES coming to the 1st grade parties!

 Goodbye 1st Grade... Hello Summer!!!

 Opening her summer gift


1 comment:

Brad and Erica said...

You are a wonderful Mother! Anya and Annika do seem so much alike at times. I thought Annika was doing ok with this move, since she is so excited to see her cousins and her grandparents, but yesterday she just started crying in the middle of the day and said "I decided I don't want to move! I just love it here!" I hope that Anya has a wonderful summer (and Eric too!)