09 May 2012

Happy birthday, Anya!!!! (School & Playdate)

We had such a great time celebrating Anya turning 7! I know it is cliche and every parent says it every year but I cannot believe that Anya is 7! She is growing up so fast and she is such a blessing! She is so kind, caring, and sweet. She is a friend to everyone and although she is still very shy, she reaches out to people and I love seeing that. She is incredibly intelligent and has a passion for learning. She is now 4ft 1in and is due for a growth spurt any day now. At this rate she will be taller than me before I know it! She loves dancing, reading, and cuddling! We are blessed to have such an amazing daughter and we are grateful for every moment with her!

Anya is very interested in the universe and in her free time you will find her reading astronomy books or watching documentaries on space. It was a no-brainer that this year we would have to incorporate the solar system into her birthday! :)

We kept everything small this year because we are planning a BIG birthday next year in Hawaii... a luau and swimming with dolphins! It was nice to keep things low key because it allowed us to really just enjoy the day and not worry about party planning.

Anya had her closest friends over for a playdate and cake & ice cream and it was a GREAT afternoon! Enjoy the pics!

 Anya celebrating her birthday at school

Mmmmmm.... cupcakes!

 Nom, nom, nom!!!

 Solar System Cake (8 planets - Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars,
Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune, & Uranus. 5 Dwarf
Planets- Ceres, Pluto, Eris, MakeMake, and Haumea)

 The back side... You can see Ceres in the Asteroid
Belt and Jupiter's Great Red Spot

 So excited waiting for her friends to come over!

 Having fun in her room

 Time for cake!

 Make a wish!


 Opening presents


Group hug!!!!

1 comment:

The McBride Family said...

I love how when describing her cake I don't know even know half of what you said! HAHA! :) Happy Birthday sweet Anya hopefully you'll get my gift someday...