06 May 2010

Happy Birthday, Anya!

5 years ago today, Anya Katherine joined our lives. She arrived in this world 3 weeks early at 7 lbs 10 oz and 21 inches. I really wonder how big she would have been had she cooked for 3 more weeks! :) After a week in the hospital with severe jaundice, Anya was able to come home and she has been such a blessing in our lives.


May 6, 2005


Anya has always been such a sweet and reserved child. She loves to cuddle and, to this day, is content just sitting on your lap reading a book.


First Birthday

She has always been pretty shy and it is so wonderful watching her grow into a more independant and outgoing child. She is still pretty shy in new situations, but if she knows you, then she will talk your ear off!


Second Birthday

Anya loves to learn and I am so proud of her thirst for knowledge. She is the type of child that not only wants you to sit with her on a daily basis and teach her something, but she NEEDS it. She is so inquisitive and wants to know how the world works.


Third Birthday

Currently, Anya still wants to be a ballerina astronaut. She says that she will be the first ballerina on the moon and I don't doubt for a second that she will do it if she wants to! She often tells me that she will miss me when she is on the moon, but that I can look in my telescope and see her whenever I want. She also wants to be a mommy and open her own restaurant. I love her ambition!


Fourth Birthday

We feel so incredibly blessed to have this sweet girl in our lives. She is kind, caring, sweet, thoughtful, full of energy, smart, beautiful, talented, and the list goes on and on. We love her so much!

Fifth Birthday

Happy 5th birthday to our beautiful princess! We can't imagine our lives without Anya in it! Even though it is sad to see her grow so quickly, it is so wonderful to watch her become the person she is meant to be. We love you, Anya!!!

5 comments:

The McBride Family said...

I LOVED the pics!! I can't believe she is five. I am so proud to be her Aunt and can't wait to hang out with her again. Love you Anya katherine HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Shelby said...

Happy Birthday to Anya! Our children are the most precious beings in our lives....no matter how old they get!

Stefanie said...

So cute!! Love you guys happy birthday Anya!!

The Grows said...

I love these pictures. It is fun to watch her grow up. Can I just tell you that you are in for it though. She is already changing from a cute little girl to a beautiful young lady. She is a knockout at 5.

greatest info said...

very cute
happy b'day to you Anya!!!!