26 March 2010

Mommy asks...

Do you want peas for breakfast? Okay, so if you aren't familiar with Karen Katz let me bring you up to date. There is a cute lift-the-flap book by Karen Katz called "Excuse Me: A Book of Manners". Anya loved this book as a toddler and Eric loves it now. The first page has a little girl and the mom offering her peas for breakfast. The little girl uses her manners and says "No, thank you". She instead gets eggs and milk. Well... not my Anya. :)

We had donuts at my moms house before leaving Phoenix Sunday morning and I mandated that the children also have a piece of fruit with their sugar. :) Anya asked me, "Well... what about a vegetable?" I told her fruit or vegetable, whichever she would prefer. She chose to have a bowl of peas with her breakfast. That girl LOVES her peas.

But, Anya took it one step further. Most people just want sprinkles on their donuts. Again, not my Anya. How about the addition of peas?


Yuck. But she loved it and she ate it. You can't break the bond between a girl and her peas!

4 comments:

The McBride Family said...

So gross and yet so adorable! Basically SOOOO Anya!! :)

Brad and Erica said...

Oh, I love Anya! Maybe I will try peas for breakfast tomorrow. We need some guest blogger posts from Anya on your blog -- I like the way she cooks!

The Grows said...

Oh how I love Anya!!! She is just so funny and always has a mind of here own. I miss her so much.

Millers! said...

NASTY! I hate plain peas... but that is too cute..