04 January 2010

Out of the Mouth of Anya....


For as long as I can remember Anya has always said some pretty funny things. I know that kids usually say the darndest things (couldn't help myself!), but I swear Anya does it without even thinking. I decided that I would start writing down some of the things she says to share with others.

I know my Germany girls (Britteny in particular!) are always asking me what new things Anya is coming up with so this is my way of keeping them in the loop! :) And this will become a regular feature on the blog as long as Anya keeps being Anya!


-------------------------------------------------------------


Me: Anya, can I tell you something?
Anya: Sure.
Me: I love you.
Anya: Oh, I thought it was going to be something more interesting.


--------------------------------------------------------------


Beautiful Nightmare by Beyonce came on the radio and Anya said "Mommy, nightmares are supposed to be scary so I don't think this is an appropriate song. You need to change the channel."

-------------------------------------------------------------


While eating something she didn't care for she tells me "This tastes like cake without frosting."

-------------------------------------------------------------


Anya (with a very concerned look on her face): Daddy, do you miss Uncle Travis?
Nathan: Yes.
Anya (while patting Nathan's hand): It's okay Daddy. I miss Lexie, too.

-------------------------------------------------------------


This one is an oldie, but I have to write it. Anya was quietly eating Thanksgiving dinner when all of a sudden she breaks out into tears and screams "This is positively NOT good!". We had no idea what had happened. It turns out she dropped her deviled egg. :)

3 comments:

The McBride Family said...

My favorite is that she is so concerned about Trav and Nate's friendship and that she loves her bestie! :)

The Grows said...

I love them all. Thanks for keeping me up to date on all of the Anya comments, you know how much I love them. I got a good laugh out of them and I needed a good laugh today.

Brad and Erica said...

Thanks Cristine! I think you should just keep a running tally of all the funny things she says on the side of your blog so I can read them anytime I need a good pick-me-up. We sure miss Anya!