03 June 2011

Last Day of Kindergarten

Okay... is that even possible? I can't believe how fast Anya is growing!!! We are so proud of our little girl!!!

She had an awesome kindergarten year and she is always amazing us with how smart she is. She is now reading on a 3rd grade 1st month level and she ALWAYS has her nose in a book. She is also really good with math and will ask me to give her addition and subtraction problems while we are driving in the car. Anya loves learning and spends most of her free time doing what most would consider work but she thinks it is so fun. She has tons of workbooks and is now working out of the 2nd grade ones because she breezes through the 1st grade ones.

At her award ceremony today she received her Kindergarten Completion Certificate, the Excellent Handwriting Award, and the Art Award. She was also a straight 3 (the equivalent of being a straight A student) all year.

She LOVED kindergarten and loved her teacher and friends. Today she asked her teacher if she would move to 1st grade with her. :)

There are a ton of pics... before school, award ceremony, class party, and graduation gifts.


Anya, we love you and are SO proud of you! You are an amazing little girl and we are so blessed to be your parents!

The left is from the first day of school/The right is today



Let the posing begin hahaha

Anya and Mrs. Abasta



Walking into the cafeteria for the award ceremony


Patiently waiting



Anya and one of her best friends, Alyssa




Getting her awards



Proud girl!


Anya's awards



Mom & Anya at the class party


Dad & Anya



Anya and one of her besties, Ashlyn



Aidan, Anya, and Ashlyn



Graduation cap cupcakes


Goofing around with the tassle



Lalaloopsy!!!

Summer Workbook

4 comments:

Brad and Erica said...

What a beautiful girl! She looks so grown up! I am sure you are very proud of her. I love that she is so excited about doing schoolwork. I sure wish I could see her and tell her congratulations in person.

The McBride Family said...

Sweet girl! Alexis has asked me everyday so far, "Mom don't forget we need to do my summer homework!" Ha one day I'm thinking they WON'T want to do homework but for now I think it's great!!! She is so stinking smart! Great job Anya!

The Grows said...

Yay Anya. Yay for the end of a great year. You are growing up to be such a beautiful, smart, and nice young lady. Your parents are lucky to have you. If they ever don't think so, they can send you to me. ;) She is taking after her mother.

Shelby said...

Congratulations to Anya! You have every right to be proud of her. I love that she is so into learning - but yet still is a little girl ....and the posing, just awesome. She definitely has real personality!