17 June 2011

What's going on with me.....

I've been having pelvic pain on my left side for about 5 months now. The first couple of months the pain came and went and wasn't all that bad. When it was there it was maybe a 2 on the pain scale. Nothing I couldn't live with.

In April the pain started getting worse and I finally made an appointment. The first doctor thought that I was having pain related to ovarian cysts again. I have been hospitalized in the past for cysts so I went along with his diagnosis.

I was scheduled with what I thought was a GYN for more tests. Blood work, ultrasounds, etc. They found a small cyst on my left ovary but didn't think that was what was causing my pain. So I was referred to GYN on post. All this time (over the course of 6 weeks) I thought I was seeing a GYN. They wouldn't be able to see me for a month so Tricare approved a referral to a civilian doctor.

In the last 4-6 weeks the pain has gotten worse. It is constant 24/7 pain. It ranges between a 5-9 on the pain scale. I can't workout anymore and some days just standing up hurts too much. I was given a prescription for Vicodin and Percocet. I hate taking medication but will occasionally take it at night. It doesn't do much for the pain but it does help me sleep.

I have also been extremely exhausted. I will sleep 8-10 hours at night and still take 2-3 hour nap when Nathan gets home from work. It has been physically exhausting to be in so much pain. I try to power through but it doesn't always work.

2 weeks ago I was able to finally get in with a civilian GYN. I have had 3 appointments with him and a CT scan. He has diagnosed me with endometriosis and I will be going in for surgery on Monday. I am praying that the surgery will help relieve a lot of the pain.

Please pray for a smooth surgery, a quick recovery (we are going on vacation in less than 2 weeks!), and most of all pray for relief from this pain. Thanks!!!!

8 comments:

Hayley said...

OMGosh!!!! I will keep you in my prayers and your family, and the surgeon to have God guiding his hands while he/she works on you.

Cari said...

Oh sweetie!! I had no idea! Here's hoping everything goes smoothly!!

Flourchild said...

Im praying for you! I have had pain, cyst issues.nothing to bad like what you are going through, but it's a pain none the less. Im sure the surg. will go well. Take care and thanks for the info!

Robin Pomeroy said...

I am so sorry to hear this, Cristine! I was diagnosed 3 weeks ago. The pain is absolutely unbearable. Mine is too far gone for surgery to be any benefit. I have it EVERYWHERE. Next week,I have a test to see if it has spread to my lungs since I am having difficulty breathing and swallowing. This is pain like I've never experienced before, so I know exactly what you are going through. If you ever want to chat about it, I'm your girl! Happy thoughts, prayers and love to you, my friend. If I find any info that may benefit you, I will pass it on...Hugs, Robin

The Mortensens said...

Oh Cristine, I'm so sorry to hear what you have been going through! I hope you will find relief from your pain through this surgery. I'll be praying for you!

The Grows said...

Oh my!!! you poor thing. I wish I were there to help you through this. I will keep you in my prayers. I just know you will bounce back quickly, you are one tuff cookie!!!!

The McBride Family said...

I'm so sorry girl. Definitely prayers and know I love you! I'm hoping for pain relief overall but for sure I hope it helps you enjoy vacation (umm for not completely selfish reasons.)

ALLRED FAMILY said...

Oh, I had no idea! Praying for you today!