04 March 2011

Can someone please slow down time???

Okay, so this was SUPPOSED to be a post about how I got Anya a new car seat but then as we were pulling the new one out of the box, I remembered when we first got her the Marathon. She was only 3 1/2 months old but she was so tall that she was outgrowing her infant seat.

When you see your child every day, you don't realize how much they have really changed. You see the little things, but then something hits you and makes you realize they are growing up. Case in point... new car seat. When did my baby girl go from this.....
To this???????

In 2 months Anya will be 6 years old. I don't even have words to express how much I love this little girl and how happy I am that God chose me to be her mother. She brings so much love, laughter, and happiness into our house and I am so thankful for her each and every day.


So... if anyone knows how to slow down time, I would appreciate you telling me! I want to hold onto my kiddos for as long as I can!

Oh, and in case you want to see her new car seat (since this is what this post was supposed to be about) here it is. The Britax Frontier 85. :)

And, just in case this post wasn't sappy enough, how about one more tear jerker? I used this song for a video montage of Anya's first year pics and it is SO true. They grow up WAY too fast!



4 comments:

The McBride Family said...

Oh my GOSH!!!! Look at how tiny she was!!! WAAAAHHHH!! Make it stop! She's so cute all big in her carseat though. I wouldn't take back a minute but I can't believe she is getting so big!!!

Millers! said...

How can you let her not have her flower carseat?! LOL.. I totally remember her when she was first born, we saw you guys and your mom at the Edelweiss Lodge, I couldnt believe how little she was.. so sweet.. I am so glad I get to enjoy her and her funny moments.. she is so super sweet!!!

Brad and Erica said...

Awwww... Anya! She was such a cute little (big) baby! But now she is a beautiful girl. I can't believe she is going to be six. We love you Anya!

The Grows said...

I already missed you guys a ton and this just made it worse!!!!!!