We love Valentine's Day. It's an excuse to use tons of hearts and lots of pink and red! I really enjoy doing fun things for the kids and they had a blast yesterday.
They woke up to a door of love right outside of their rooms (I forgot to get a picture of it). It had hearts and cute sayings. One said "I love you to the moon and back" and Anya responded with "Well I love you to the edge of the universe and back 10,000 times!". :)
When they came downstairs I had these Valentines waiting on their breakfast plates. I replaced the "O" with a Reese's peanut butter heart. Eric asked if Squee (our Christmas elf) had brought the candy and I told him that I did. He jumped out of his chair and threw his arms around me and said "You are the best Mommy EVER!". Boy did that make my morning!!!!
I made the kids a special breakfast, too... Red Velvet Pancakes and heart shaped bacon. This was a special weekday treat since we usually only have pancakes on Sundays!
We went shopping over the weekend and the kids were able to pick out Valentine's Day outfits. I tried to get a pic of the 3 of us (Nate had left for work at 0445) but I am not so good at self portraits! :)
The original plan for dinner was homemade heart shaped ravioli and a chocolate tart. We ended up scrapping that plan in exchange for just hanging out together. Nate will be working long days for the next 5 days (leaving before the kids wake up and getting home after they go to bed) so this was the last day they'd see him until Monday. He wanted to take them out for ice cream so after we picked Anya up from school we drove to Cold Stone. It was the kids' first time going and they loved picking out what they wanted. Eric got cotton candy ice cream with M&Ms and Anya got Watermelon Sorbet with coconut and gummy bears. :)
We finished off the night with heart shaped pizza from Papa Johns. It was a great day... I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!!!!

2 comments:
Love the posts and what a fun Valentines but both kids ice cream choices leave something to be desired and thats coming from the pregnant girl. HAHA!!!! Love you guys!
So fun, I love that you make all the holidays so fun.
Post a Comment