30 December 2009

Snow Day in the Desert

When we were leaving Germany one of the things that made Anya sad was the fact that we weren't going to be living somewhere with snow. She has loved the snow since she was a baby and was not too happy about the prospect of no snow. We promised her that we would take her to see snow whenever we could but it just wouldn't be the same as having snow where we lived.

Someone must've been listening to Anya's prayers because we have had snow 4 times since moving to El Paso. 4 times!!!! Sure, it isn't a ton of snow and it is usually melted by mid-day, but it is enough to make my kids smile, so it is enough for me!

Here are a few pics from the day and a short video of the crazy kids playing in the snow!


SNOW!

Catching snowflakes
Anya's snow angel in the rocks






5 comments:

The McBride Family said...

I had to re-watch that!! My favorite part?? When Eric says S-NOW! LOVE IT!! It makes me so happy and sad at the same time!! I should send you a video of Ry's new word. Meatball. haha! It's hilarious and totally random! Love the snow AND that you have a family blog! :)

ALLRED FAMILY said...

How fun!! I love it! The snow looks about the same as we get here in Albuquerque. If school was in session, you know it'd be cancelled or at least delayed half a day!

Shelby said...

Cristine, they are absolutely ADORABLE!! If you get a hankering for some good snow you and your family can come to NY and stay with us anytime in the winter. We could take a trip to Lake Placid (which is only about 1-1/2 hours from me) and visit the Olympic Stadium!!

The Grows said...

So cute. I love how much fun they have with such little snow. Anya's snow man was great and I love how she was happy just rolling in it. Eric can talk...he said snow. He is getting so big without me there to watch. I especially like that he clapped so hard his glove flew off.

Unknown said...

Ahhh... I cant see the blog. Oh now I can, had to highlight. Are you blogging in the color yellow?